Wouldn’t it be nice if cookies could be a part of a well-balanced diet? Let’s face it, that’s not likely to happen anytime soon, however, these cookies pack some very healthy ingredients which will make you feel a little less guilty about eating five of them at once. This recipe was given to me by a great friend!
Part One - In a medium bowl, cream together
- 1 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup white Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
Part Two - In a large bowl, mix
- 1 cup Cornflakes
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
Part Three - In a medium bowl, mix
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking Soda
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Once you have completed the steps above, combine all three parts together in the largest bowl.
- Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper. The size of the cookie is up to you. You can make tablespoon size cookies or ice cream scoop size if you prefer a larger cookie!
- Cook for 12-14 minutes for tablespoon size cookies or a little longer for larger cookies.
- These will become a staple treat in your house!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 155 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 174mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 11g Protein: 2g