Whipped shortbread cookies are a holiday favorite during the Christmas season. I love the melt-in-your-mouth buttery flavor.
Today I’m sharing my recipe for the perfect whipped shortbread. It’s a quick and easy recipe for some last minute baking.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a hand mixer, whip softened butter for about 3 minutes in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly add in the flour (about 1/4 cup at a time), mixing until incorporated.
- Add powdered sugar and continue whipping until all ingredients are combined fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Place the dough on a cookie sheet (I use about a teaspoon of dough for one cookie).
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until cookies are golden on the bottom.
- Remove cookies from the oven and allow them to sit on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to wire cooling rack to cool thoroughly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 210Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g