We’re counting down the weeks until Baby G arrives, about 5 more to go! It feels like it was just yesterday that we found out we were expecting and had the best time sharing the exciting news with our family. Since that day we’ve been busy planning for baby’s arrival. And of course, one of the things I’ve had the most fun with is preparing the nursery.
A few months ago I created an inspiration board for the gender neutral nursery I dreamed of. Over the past 7 months, we’ve been collecting and creating to make the perfect room for baby.
Over the weekend, my mom and I finished up a few last-minute projects for the nursery. We made these adorable pillows and spruced up some basic Ikea curtains (I’ll post details on that project soon!).
This adorable fabric is from Tonic Living. It’s my absolute favorite place for fabric. They always have the most beautiful patterns and designs. I could spend hours browsing all of their samples and dreaming of the beautiful things I could make.
- Pillow insert or stuffing
- Measuring tape
- Straight pins
- Sewing machine
- Determine how much fabric you will need and add an extra inch on all sides to allow for a 1-inch seam. The size of your fabric will depend on the size of your pillow forms. My pillows are 20″ x 20″ (elephant) and 18″ x 12″ (polka dot).
- Cut the fabric to your desired size, place both pieces of fabric finished sides in and pin in place (make sure the pattern is going the correct direction).
- Iron your fabric to get out any wrinkles.
- Using your sewing machine begin sewing all four sides of the fabric with a 1-inch seam allowance. Remember to leave a small opening at the bottom of the pillow to insert the pillow form or stuffing.
- Insert the pillow form or stuffing and hand stitch the gap closed.
And it’s as easy as that!
I hope you enjoyed this little sneak peek of Baby G’s nursery. I can’t wait to show you the rest of the room in a few weeks!