I truly believe the kitchen is the heart of the home. It is my favourite room in our house and it is the place everyone gathers when they come to visit.
Our kitchen didn’t always look so pretty though. When we moved into our home it was far from the kitchen of my dreams. It was pretty unspectacular, so we knew we had our work cut out for us.
We relocated a few of the cabinets to create more space and a better flow. It really helped to open up the space and gave us room to add a small kitchen island. Next we built bulkheads above the cabinets and built-in shelves around the fridge and pantry to create a custom look.
The biggest transformation we saw was once we painted the cabinets. The kitchen instantly became bigger and brighter. We choose Mountain Peak White by Benjamin Moore and I’m so happy with the outcome.
We purchased new appliances and added pot lights and pendant lights over the island. I’m still in love the schoolhouse pendant lights. My favourite purchase for the kitchen!
Let us know what you think of our kitchen transformation. We love to hear from you!
- Chalkboard – A Burst of Beautiful
- Appliances – Frigidaire Gallery Professional Series
- Island – Ikea
- Bar Stools – Ikea
- Rattan Tray – Michael’s
- Plants – Home Depot
- Plant Pots – Ikea
- Garlic Keeper – Crate and Barrel
- Cookie Jar – Artist Co-Op (local store)
- Towel – HomeSense
- Rolling Pin – Vintage
- Stand Mixer – Kitchen Aid Classic Series
- White Crumble Vase – HomeSense
- Curtain – A Burst of Beautiful (created from a Target curtain panel)
- Glass Jars – Walmart
- Cutting Boards – HomeSense
- Lamp – Ikea
- Schoolhouse Pendants – Union Lighting
- Cabinet Paint – Mountain Peak White by Benjamin Moore
- Wall Paint – Shaker Beige by Benjamin Moore