This recipe is incredibly easy and healthy. Like a lot of dinners at our house, it doesn’t always start with a plan. It usually consists of us asking each other what we feel like for dinner and end up using whatever we can find in the fridge and pantry to create something new. That’s where recipes like this come from. We’ve included our home-made Teriyaki sauce recipe below, however, we’ve also used VH’s Teriyaki Sauce in the past and it is great as well.
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 cup white or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp seasoning salt (like Lawry's, or just sea salt as a substitute)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 cups brown or white rice, cooked as per package directions
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Add sesame oil to the pan, heat, and add all vegetables at once except for frozen peas, seasoning salt and sesame seeds.
- Cook on medium heat for approximately 10 minutes until all vegetables have tenderized. Add in seasoning salt, frozen peas and Teriyaki Sauce (see recipe below) or use one of our favorite prepared sauces by VH.
- Let vegetables and sauce cook for another 5 minutes until sauce thickens and coats all vegetables.
- Serve vegetables on a bed of rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 289Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 417mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 6g