The best way to start a Monday is with cake, right?
We think so too, that’s why we are sharing the recipe for these Mini Spring Naked Cakes today. You might have caught a glimpse of them last week in our simple pink and gold spring tablescape post.
They were the perfect addition to our table and added a fun touch to each place setting.
I’ve always loved the look of naked cakes, like this fall-inspired naked cake we made last year. They are dainty, whimsical and oh-so-pretty.
The best part of naked cakes is that they are so simple to make. You don’t need any special skills or learned techniques, simply follow an easy recipe, like ours, or even use a boxed cake mix (you can find out how we make boxed cake mixes taste like homemade here). Swirl on a little bit of icing and top with fresh flowers (or fruit!) – the best way to hide any flaws – and you have a stunningly beautiful cake, every time.
When I decided I wanted to include mini spring naked cakes in our spring tablescape, Nick set to work developing a delicious almond and orange cake flavor. It’s light, refreshing and perfect for spring, plus they smell heavenly!
Using mini spring form pan sets made making these mini cakes a breeze.
Once the cakes were made and frosted I simply topped them with a few pretty florals and sprigs of greenery.
Get the Look
This post contains affiliate links, see our full disclosure policy here. Thank you for helping support our blog.
I love the way these turned out, they add just the right amount of detail to our table, and who wouldn’t love their own personal cake, right?
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- Grated orange zest from one orange
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using unsalted butter or cooking spray, grease the bottom and sides of the 4" springform pans.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the softened butter and mix by hand with either a wooden spoon or pastry blender if you have one until it looks like crumbled pie crust.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, milk, orange zest, and almond extract until well combined.
- Pour into the flour mixture and stir until it has just come together.
- Pour into the springform pans until about half full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes and remove from pans onto a wire rack until completely cooled.
- When completely cooled, cut cakes in half horizontally. Add icing between the two pieces, and then reassemble and coat the outside lightly with an icing spatula.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 625 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 16g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 156mg Sodium: 372mg Carbohydrates: 87g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 44g Protein: 10g