Popcorn drizzled in melted white chocolate and mixed with mini eggs and sprinkles is a fun and sweet treat for Easter, find the easy recipe here.
Alright, I cannot get over how simple and adorable this Easter candy popcorn snack is! We had a little fun in the kitchen together mixing up this easy snack mix for Easter, and I’ve been so eager to share it with you.
It’s so simple to make, I can even do it without the help of Nick, which is saying a lot because I am not the best baker around. 😉 And because it’s so easy, it’s a great activity to do with little ones. Zoe had so much fun helping us by mixing together the ingredients. During the last few months, she has really taken to helping us in the kitchen, and easy (and fun) recipes like this one are a great way to get her excited about food and cooking. She also snuck quite a few mini eggs and popcorn before we finished, so that might have had something to do with it too, but that’s part of the fun, right?
And I can’t blame her, this mix is really delicious. Popcorn drizzled in white chocolate and mixed with mini eggs and sprinkles has got to be the best combination ever. Plus, it just looks so darn pretty.
shop our easter favourites
I would fill a few pretty bowls with this mix for the dining table so guests can snack on it before dinner. Or add a scoopful to clear cellophane bags and tie with a pretty ribbon to make a simple but thoughtful Easter gift or favour. I’m planning on mixing up more of this yummy snack to share with our families over the Easter weekend, if not sooner. I’ve been craving it since we made it last weekend.
But be warned…you’ll want to make a couple of batches, especially if you are planning on wrapping it up as gifts. It will go quick! You can find the recipe below, and if you give it a try we would love to hear from you!
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup quality popping corn
- 1/2 cup white candy melts (also known as molding wafers)
- 1 cup mini eggs
- Easter colored sprinkles
- In a medium saucepan, place the coconut oil and 3 popcorn kernels and cover with lid.
- Turn stove-top to medium heat or just under (no higher).
- When the 3 kernels in the saucepan have popped, add the 1/3 cup of kernels and replace the lid.
- As soon as the kernels start popping, lift the saucepan, and holding the lid and give it a little shake back and forth (not up and down), and place back on the burner. Do this every 10-15 seconds until the popping slows down and you don't hear any kernels moving around at the bottom.
- Remove from heat, shake gently while holding the lid for about 20 seconds back and forth to try and pop the last kernels without burning them.
- Empty into a bowl and let cool.
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Place white candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30-second intervals at 50% power. Do this 2 or 3 times, stirring in between, until it has melted completely.
- Pour half over popcorn in the bowl. Stir the popcorn, then pour the other half over top and stir again until the popcorn is well coated.
- Add in mini eggs and gently stir.
- Pour onto a lined baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle your colored sprinkles over the popcorn and let completely cool.
- Break apart and snack away!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 201Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 1g