Halloween Monster Popcorn is drizzled in melted white chocolate and mixed with sprinkles and candy eyeballs for a fun and spooky Halloween treat.
We try not to let a season or holiday pass by without spending some time in the kitchen. Whether we’re baking old family favourites or dreaming of a fun new recipe (have you tried our Pumpkin Pie Baklava?), it’s a great way to connect and spend time together as a family. Speaking of spending time together, did you catch our Fall Bucket List? It’s full of fun ideas and activities to make sure you and your family make the most of the fall season. Print it out and stick it on your fridge as a pretty reminder all of the things you can do this autumn.
But I’m off-topic, let’s get back to today’s spooky recipe, our Halloween Monster Popcorn. Last Easter we whipped up a batch of our Easter Candy Popcorn, and it was such a hit we thought we would recreate it for Halloween. If I’m being honest, it’s not quite as amazing as our Easter popcorn because, well mini eggs, need I say more? But really, it’s such a delicious Halloween treat and so fun to make, especially for little ones!
It’s a simple recipe and easy enough that the whole family can join in. Pop popcorn, drizzle with melted white chocolate and sprinkle in some Halloween fun. We added a mix of black sugar crystals, purple sprinkles, and candy eyeballs for a spooky touch that kids will love.
And if you’re feeling generous you might want to double the recipe so you can share it with family and friends this Halloween. It would look pretty in clear cellophane bags tied with black ribbon. Or use it to decorate your table if you’re hosting a Halloween party (we’re sharing our kid-friendly Halloween party ideas tomorrow if you’re looking for inspiration). However you decide to share it or eat it, we’re sure you’ll love it!
Do you have a favourite Halloween recipe? We would love it to hear, let us know in the comments section below.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup quality popping corn
- 1/2 cup white candy melts (also known as molding wafers)
- 1/4 cup various sized candy googly eyes
- Purple and Black colored sprinkles
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate covered puff quinoa (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, place the coconut oil and 3 popcorn kernels and cover with lid.
- Turn stove-top to medium heat or just under (no higher).
- When the 3 kernels in the saucepan have popped, add the 1/3 cup of kernels and replace the lid.
- As soon as the kernels start popping, lift the saucepan, and holding the lid and give it a little shake back and forth (not up and down), and place back on the burner. Do this every 10-15 seconds until the popping slows down and you don't hear any kernels moving around at the bottom.
- Remove from heat, shake gently while holding the lid for about 20 seconds back and forth to try and pop the last kernels without burning them.
- Empty into a bowl and let cool.
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Place white candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30-second intervals at 50% power. Do this 2 or 3 times, stirring in between, until it has melted completely.
- Pour half over popcorn in the bowl. Stir the popcorn, then pour the other half over top and stir again until the popcorn is well coated.
- Pour onto a lined baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle your colored sprinkles, googly eyes, dark chocolate covered quinoa over the popcorn and let completely cool.
- Break apart and snack away!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 151Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is an estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.