These light and fluffy blueberry banana muffins are perfect for a quick weekday breakfast and are bursting with juicy blueberries and banana flavour.
We bake a lot of muffins around here, they are perfect for a quick breakfast on the go or a little afternoon pick me up. And no matter the recipe, our girls seem to gobble them up. So while it doesn’t always happen, we do try to bake fresh muffins to have on hand each week.
get the look
Nick whipped up a batch of these delicious Blueberry Banana Muffins, and I have to admit, he’s becoming quite the muffin connoisseur. He’s developed an amazing basic muffin recipe to which we add different flavour combinations and so far every single one has been a winner. We’ve shared the recipes for our Banana Coconut Muffins, Apple Crumble Muffins, Raspberry Muffins, Blueberry Muffins, and Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. They are all so good, but without a doubt, our Raspberry Muffin recipe is the most popular. Have you tried it yet? We’d love to know what you think!
These Blueberry Banana muffins are a favourite of mine though. I’ve always loved blueberry muffins, but the addition of ripe bananas and banana-flavoured yogurt take it to another level. Seriously, these blueberry banana muffins are light, fluffy and absolutely addictive.
It’s such a simple recipe to make, and most of the ingredients are staples in our home so it makes whipping up a batch of these muffins so easy. I’m not sure about you, but we always seem to have over-ripe bananas in the cupboard and these muffins are a great way to use them up.
We hope you’ll give these muffins a try and let us know what you think. Be sure to leave us a comment below!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup banana flavoured yogurt (or vanilla)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup fresh/frozen blueberries
- Coarse sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease muffin pan with butter (or use parchment liners).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix in softened butter with a fork until the mixture resembles a crumble.
- In a separate bowl, add banana (or vanilla) yogurt, beaten eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add to dry mixture and stir until it is just moistened (batter is very thick!).
- Fold in bananas and blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups almost to the top (about 3/4 full).
- Sprinkle each muffin with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out fairly cleanly.
- Cool for 5 minutes and remove from pan to a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 270Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 5g
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is an estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.